Head of Department - Elen Habet Babayan
06. Traceological, including:
06-01 traces left by men,
06-02 objects, tools, mechanisms and traces left by them,
06-03 traces left by vehicles.
06-04 cold weapon
Traceological expert analysis
Objects of analysis
- Traces left by men (hands, gloves, feet, shoes, teeth, lips, blood, etc.),
- Items, objects, tools, mechanisms and traces left by them,
- traces left by animals (hooves, horse shoes, paws, etc.),
- traces left by vehicles (wheels, vehicles in road accident circumstances, obstacles, road coating, damages on the victims' clothes, parts torn and broken from vehicles and their pieces, etc.),
- locking and protective devices (locks, seals, etc.),
- markings (identification numbers of vehicle body, engine),
- cold blade and small arms, as well as items and objects similar to them by structure.
Tasks of analysis
- Identification of an object leaving traces by the traces left,
- restoration of the whole by parts.
- Determination of peculiarities of mechanisms making traces, its conditions, sequence, prescription (relative), objects (men) making traces,
- determination of belonging of cold blade and small arms, as well as items and objects similar to them by structure to the types of cold steel class and determination of manufacturing method,
- determination of types of ties, circles and the purpose of application,
- determination of the production method, source and prescription (comparative) of product types for mass production,
- determination of operability of locking and checking and security devices (locks, seals, signalling devices and security measures), of method of opening after its latest locking, prescription (comparative), availability and absence of impact of foreign objects on their mechanisms,
- determination of road accident mechanism,
- determination of traces left on the surface of vehicles and the victims' clothes during the accident,
- based on injuries inflicted on persons being in the saloon of vehicles during road accident, determination of their location (the mentioned issue is resolved through comprehensive forensic traceological, forensic, auto-technical, paint coating and fibre analysis),
- determination of relative position of vehicles and pedestrians during road accidents (the mentioned issue is resolved through comprehensive forensic traceological, forensic, auto-technical, paint coating and fibre analysis),
- determination of location of damages on vehicles in contact with each other during road accident, their direction, prescription (comparative),
- change in stamping, ascertainment of the fact of restamping.
The list of issues to be resolved through traceological expert analysis is wider than the aforementioned issues and the initiator can put forward other issues, if necessary.